Saturday, November 26, 2016

Mike Myers Is a Crazy Criminal

Mike Myers Is a Crazy Criminal


(ORCASTRA)

Knowledge with cruelty aches
Consciousness with grief encumbers
Fitness as quickly forsakes
Sparse grow our once thriving numbers
Turbulent waves no longer save
Trapped behind collapsing border
Coastlines swept clean, noise of machine
Turning our peace to disorder

Long ago we were inclined
To remain clear of the surface
Intelligence of this kind
From the outsider submerges
Densely the sea envelopes me
Spanning the widest of breaches
I am as one with moon and sun
Drawn to the innermost reaches

Swimming alone with my thoughts
Hardly a picture worth seeing
Emptiness knot after knot
Only the force of my being
Plaintively I send out my cry
Wishing this burden to lighten
Deeper I go to a new low
As my anxieties heighten

(SEAL OF DOOM)

Playful the morning began
Sharp on the trail of an otter
Up to the surface we swam
That's when they harpooned my daughter
Anguished her cry, hoisted up high
Twisting from cruel mutilation
Covered in red up to my head
I stared in grim fascination

I sought for comfort to lean
On the support of another
Witness to this ghastly scene
That's when they gutted my mother
Ripped off her hide, scooped her insides
Filled up twelve pails with her blubber
And of her bones made xylophones
Why couldn't they merely club her?

With my copyright statements, I'm usually either focused on an offense against my music or one against my humor, but with Mike Myers, I face offenses that sweep across my whole range. With Austin Powers, he managed to violate my visual art along with my humor, and with Seal of Doom, a rewritten self parody I first shared in 2007, I believe he used my Orcastra for supporting background music when he stole it for Saturday Night Live. So that violates my music and my comedy, while also robbing me of any credit I might get for being sporting enough to make fun of myself. Instead, he wants everyone to think he's mocking me with my own wits. Is he in prison now? I hope so.

Every once in a while I like to parody my own songs. I did it with Nothing for Hookers, which parodied Nothing but Ashes, and Mister Veality, which parodies Lifeless. (Mister Veality also parodies another song of mine, Mister Personality, which was recorded live in the dark and shared in '08 and should now be offline.) Don't let others steal from me so that it looks like they're parodying me with my self parodies. Watch out for that, please.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2016. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment