Monday, November 28, 2016

Free Knowledge

Free Knowledge
If the amber alert is over, we can all go back to shunning the evil broadcasters. Only tune them in when the bus tells you to. For God's sake, a child's life could depend on it!

I've read over my last twenty or so posts to this blog and I'll correct those little typos soon. Overall, it looks not too bad. This blog gets a title that actually goes with the content because I discuss a lot of bad memories here, though they are all from my web fame. I thought of another one today, which I may not have yet discussed. It is my memory of browsing YouTube in 2008 and 2009, looking for interviews with my favorite musicians and comedians. It was amazing how a current interview would appear on YouTube for every single musician I was paying attention to at that time. I went from a Donovan interview to a Mike Oldfield interview to a Ray Davies interview all in the same month. I'm sure it was a coincidence. But when I found the John Cleese interview, which must have been close to his last, I wasn't paying very close attention to his words.

It may have had something to do with my real life account of spending a tense afternoon with a suspicious rabbit, which vaguely stumbles onto his comedy sketch about the killer rabbit. I was sharing a real quirk in my personality though. Some rodents make me nervous. They quiver too much or something. If I had a pistol, I'd probably shoot them in self defense. But I guess this account, which I likely shared at an earlier date, was taken as some kind of pathetic ripoff. So there was this great debate going on about greed on the web and I was saying that greed is an evil excess and that it is not good. And I used this analogy about ice cream and how it might be normal to want a gallon in the freezer but not a whole freezer full, with ice cream trucks lined up around the block of your house. Something like that. I was trying to illustrate my point with my own words. And then didn't they ask John Cleese what he thought about greed? And how did he phrase his answer? But you know, I still think he was a comic genius. I wonder if he really hated me or they just made him hate me because they knew I liked him.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2016. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment