Sunday, November 27, 2016

Lost Opportunity

Lost Opportunity
I'm sorry if I need to be a little more forceful than normal with my copyright statements these days, but I don't want there to be any doubts about my integrity as I await the results of my CT scan from the hospital. Last time I was admitted to the hospital, my online predicament interfered with my health care. I do not blame health care staff for this. I want health care staff to reject copyright offenders for treatment. The problem is that I am not a copyright offender, nor was I ever.

I'm not Jewish either, but that's my own fault for playing around with that when I was younger. I hope my German friends are not embarrassed by my account of visiting their country in 1988. They were very good to me. I didn't go around telling everyone I was a Jew. I only told one person, but that was enough to get the word around. And they really tried to make me feel comfortable. They took me to a Communist bar and surrounded me with psychology students who were all deeply interested in my ideas. I think they were very thoughtful and considerate, especially when I told them my father had served in the Canadian army. I wasn't thinking of how they might be offended by a Canadian army Jew, who probably didn't treat the prisoners very well. It was just a stupid stunt I needed to pull in my mischievous youth and I apologize for it now. I wouldn't do it again.

Canadians can be very naive, like Gerald Bull. Can you picture Gerald Bull in the restaurant on the night before he was gunned down, chatting with his colleagues about his latest project for Saddam, as Mossad agents eavesdropped from another table? 'I don't know what he sees in those scuds. He can't lunch supplies to a space station with those. Why, even with my latest ballistic improvements, he could barely reach Tel Aviv with a scud! What a waste of time...'

But the Lord loves the lost and so I think the Lord loves Canadians. I think he has chosen Canadians to be his new chosen people. (Joking there.) That's something I have in common with the Lord. I also like the lost. It's hard to not like someone when they're so innocent and helpless. Being lost seems to bring out our more adorable qualities. But I don't like sheep as much as the Lord. I prefer that people think for themselves more. He's God so He doesn't need them to do that.

It's time for my end of the year entries in my indexes and chronologies, so you can keep an eye on that over the next couple of weeks. Happy Sunday.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2016. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment