Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Name Droppers

The Name Droppers
(An upscale social gathering.)

Name Dropper #2: Bottled water! Is there no wine at this party?

Name Dropper #1: The host is a prohibitionist.

Name Dropper #2: How Orwellian.

Name Dropper #1: Indeed. Incidentally, my grandfather went to Eton with Orwell. He helped him with the title for his novel. If not for my grandfather, 1984 would have been called 1985.

Name Dropper #2: Really now! Well, that's most impressive, but my great grandfather probably influenced Orwell.

Name Dropper #1: Who's your great grandfather?

Name Dropper #2: Mark Twain. Can't you see the family resemblance?

Name Dropper #1: Now that you mention it, I suppose. Do you do any writing, yourself?

Name Dropper #2: No, but my cousin Shania is a very successful lyricist.

Name Dropper #3: That's nothing. As a Shakespeare, I'm quite sure my ancestor influenced both of those authors.

Name Dropper #4: Ahem! Gentlemen! Bob Plato here. I do believe you are overlooking the even earlier influence of my Greek ancestors.

Name Dropper #5: Oh yeah? Well my father's writing predates them all. He wrote the Ten Commandments.

Name Dropper #2: Good Lord!

Name Dropper #5: That's right. More wine? (#2 sniffs his purple drink with astonishment.)
  
More Scripts Statements Songs
© 2007?, 2016. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment