Sunday, December 18, 2016

A Yodel in the Dark

A Yodel in the Dark


Okay these Christmas pranks are getting out of hand. It's not April Fool's yet, is it? Who flew me to Switzerland when I was passed out last night? You captured every detail of my Vancouver location except for one: when I called for a cab I got a Saint Bernard with a sled. I'm going to raise a whirlwind over this when I get back home. Damn crazy college kids, who's turning them all into such merry pranksters, anyway? This is the influence of the damn internet!

I've been practicing my songs in ten song groups to help me catch up with my newer songs. It helps me think of better words when I play along to my videos too. Now I realize that in Redundant I should be singing looking upon things I have drawn. Improvements like this take time to discover.

I was trying to think of a name for my style of rock and I think the newer songs from 2015 fit neatly into the category of Motown metal. Perhaps the best example of Motown metal is the above embedded Epitomes. The metal guitar is filling in for the background singers, creating a more disturbing, decadent kind of feeling, but the overall mood is upbeat and vibrant. Last December's Bad News may also be defined most accurately by this genre.

Oh well, I'm going to make the most of it while I'm here. Hopefully I'll find a pair of those tennis racket shoes that fit my feet or maybe I'll find cross country skis in the closet. The Swiss would have a lot of those lying around. Back in Vancouver they're all surfing to work in their sunglasses and swimwear.
  
More Scripts Statements Songs
© 2016. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment