Friday, December 23, 2016

Can I Play My Songs Yet?

Can I Play My Songs Yet?


So you people who still want to tune in the new rock stations, I don't hate you. I want you to like rock because that's my specialty, which you may have noticed on your favorite station at some point in the last ten years or so. So what I have to say here is strictly observational, not judgmental.

The radio makes you people hate me. A lot of you took my music into your hearts when those rock stars had it and now you want to be able to cherish your memory of it. And of course, I stand in the way of this. Whenever I hear the new rock station playing, I always have to prepare for some sort of unpleasant experience. I spoil radio listening for people who want to tune in a station that stole hours of its content from my 2007 YouTube account. These bands went out and played my music like you wanted, right? While I stayed home and fended off angry mobs from my patio.

I'm practicing my music seriously now. I have a lot of songs now and I feel confident about bunching them up into stylized sets. I'm practicing my music with the intention of performing it. So I hope I don't have to suffer too much more hate from the songs I didn't get a chance to perform last time. And I hope I don't hear the voice of one of the offenders of my music blasting out at me from a venue or a speaker, especially if it's of someone less talented than I am.

I think my singing has a lot of heart. How was the above embedded Nonchalant sung when it was illegally playing on the new rock station? It's supposed to be kind of loose and creative, the way I'm singing it. And it's supposed to have a lot of heart and passion, the way I'm trying to sing it. Is that how it sounded when it was illegally playing on the new rock station? If so, you wouldn't need my version, I guess. I'd just have to write another good song, instead of being like Nickleback and having all filler songs around another person's good songs. You sure are easier on them than you are on me.

I'll be playing this music because I have nothing else to do with my time and it's fun to play. I'll be putting together some new live videos soon to add in my newer songs. I also want some kind of minimum standard on my live sound. I might rent a studio this time.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2016. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment