Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Cost of Giving

The Cost of Giving
I'm back in the old public library to add another two hours of work to my statements indexes. Blagh! But I'm in high spirits after running through a few of my songs at home. I just leave the guitar unplugged and speak the lyrics so I don't end up dominating the whole block with my powerful singing voice. My songs are fun to practice. I look forward to performing them.

Did anyone investigate that suspicious Justin Beiber song I reported earlier, the one about being a man or something? I don't think he wrote that, I think I did in 2007, even though I can't consciously recall the words right now. It looks like the broadcasters had you all buying ten to a hundred different concert tickets for performers who each rode on the strength of whatever they stole from my YouTube account in 2007. What a way to increase their profits! Yes, if I'd been allowed to keep my songs, they would have only been able to sell you one ticket for all of that music and comedy. They would have made far less money than they did with their fraud. I'm surprised to be the only one who seemed to notice how my songs stood out from the repertoires of the bands and performers who stole them. And I really hope that Nickleback is in prison now. If not, I'm doing everything in my power to put them there when I meet those lawyers.

I don't think you're dumb or anything if they tricked you. I wish they wouldn't have used my music to do it. It causes some people to resent me. I think I've graduated from disliking the broadcasters to hating their guts over this.

There's some kind of strange slippery substance all over the ground here. I don't know what it is. I'm afraid we may have been invaded by some monstrous alien plague, like the Invasion of the Body Snatchers. It's white and cold and it kills the flowers. It couldn't possibly be snow. I know snow. I'm from Eastern Ontario. We don't get snow here in Vancouver. This must be something else. You'd better keep a close eye on each other and make sure no one's turning into a zombie. If we deal with this menace early, we may yet save our planet.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2016. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment